- I teach the 8 absolutes. These absolutes can be found through right view pro which is the hitting software we used at one of the top 5 softball programs in NCAA Division 1 softball - Univ. of Missouri - Mizzou. It is a mechanical 8 position break down of the swing. You will learn what the body should do starting with the feet all the way up to the head, from start to finish. I teach a linear and rotate as needed technique (the Elvis Presley leg dance move). This technique allows athletes to shift their weight forward and then use their hips and leg drive to generate more power. I do not teach the "squashing the bug method" because that prevents the weight from transferring forward. I will explain and provide detailed information about the concept of taking the best route to the ball. Keeping the hands inside of the ball into connection and then hitting the inside part of the ball at contact is vital for hitting the ball on the sweet spot of the bat. I will break down the philosophy behind pitch location in relation to the spinning of the hips and locking of the knee at contact. Extension. Follow Through.
- I will also explain in detail the contact points for the curve ball, screwball, drop ball, and rise ball. If I`m the pitcher standing 5`5 and the hitter is 5`5 and I release a ball from my hip and it crosses the plate at the hitter`s chest, this ball is rising. The bat must get into ball path. I will also cover the importance of timing - how to be on time for a slow, medium, or fast pitcher who has off-speed pitches with a good change up. With regard to timing - understanding when and how to load to toe touch, knowing what to look for and where, and feeling hip control are all necessary for being on time. If you are or are not sitting on a change-up I will help you understand how to be on time for it. Hand-eye coordination and tracking are also important tools to understand if you want to make solid contact consistently. We will do drills to help you feel and gain better awareness of the importance of your eyes. If you can`t feel it, you can`t fix it. One of the most important aspects of the game is the mental game. Your mind/brain is very powerful as it controls the hands and eyes - key for hitting. I will help you learn how YOU control your at-bat NOT the pitcher. Once you understand that if you hit the ball hard you win, you will become a more consistent hitter.
- Mastering the aspects of hitting, not just the technique, will take you to the next level. How to control your at-bat mentally, hand speed, bat speed, tracking and head control, understanding timing, plate awareness, grip, and pitch selection are aspects that are crucial for being a successful hitter.
- I also teach base running, outfield, infield, sliding, catching, and the mental game. I work with kids from 7 years of age to collegiate athletes to adults. Also, with my Masters Degree in Education, Counseling and Psychology with an emphasis in Sports Psychology, I have an in depth grasp on Sports Psychology. I am available for mental training information and can offer sessions for players, coaches, parent, and teams on the mental aspect of softball
- One on one training
- Mini group sessions
- Team Practices
- Motivation Speaking
- Organizational Clinics
- Recreation League Clinics